Valentines Day is all about lovers. So if you are single, the day can be a heart-breaking reminder of this fact! But you don’t have to stay home this Valentines Day and sulk about it. Gather up your single girlfriends and get out there and have some fun!
Take some inspiration from Sex and The City and take yourselves on a Girls Night Out!. Treat yourself to dinner and a few bottles of wine with your closest girlfriends, as this is the perfect time to celebrate all of the things that you love about your life. Over the years, I’ve learnt to embrace it and I even buy myself a Valentines Day gift to celebrate that fact that I am still single. After all, being single is actually awesome… every other day of the year anyway!
SICK OF GETTING YOUR HEART BROKEN? 10 REASONS TO STAY SINGLE!
1. More ‘me-time!’ You can do what you want when you want – without having to check in with anyone!
2. If you haven’t already found ‘The One’ they are still out there somewhere! So in the meantime, you get to enjoy the exciting parts of dating! (Most people in a relationship will tell you how much they miss this).
3. You get to take up the whole bed. (And you don’t have to worry about what your hair looks like in the morning.)
4. When you are in a relationship, you take on the other person’s problems. So sometimes, it actually nice to not have to worry about anything except issues of your own.
5. You don’t have to shave your legs (if you don’t want to).
6. Nobody judges you if you spend 50% of your grocery budget on wine (or shoes!).
7. You can watch Sex and the City re-runs on repeat until your hearts content.
8. You have more time to hang out with your friends.
9. You can travel solo and go anywhere you want in the world, without anybody holding you back!
10. You can concentrate on becoming the best version of yourself! This way, when ‘Mr Right’ does finally comes along, you’ll already be well on your way to living a happy and fulfilled life.